Administration Assistant (Cairns)
Veris is an ASX listed company and market leader in planning, design, survey and spatial solutions, renowned for generating client value through innovation and excellence from our exceptional people.
With offices across Australia and a proven track record of projects in both the private and public sectors, our team delivers capability and expertise across all industries in both regional and metropolitan locations around Australia.
Based in Cairns and reporting to the Operations and Finance Managers, this position is primarily responsible for delivering effective support services at our Cairns office.
- Providing communication systems by identifying needs; evaluating options; maintaining equipment; approving invoices;
- Maintaining continuity among corporate, division, and local work teams by documenting and communicating actions, irregularities, and continuing needs;
- Ensuring accurate real time processing of all job costing and financial information including customer invoices, purchase orders, supplier invoices, credit card transactions and petty cash;
- Managing office debt collection processes in conjunction with the company Debt Controller;
- Providing supplies by identifying needs for reception, switchboard, mail room and kitchen;
- Purchasing printed materials and forms by obtaining requirements; negotiating price, quality, and delivery; approving invoices;
- Completing special projects by organizing and coordinating information and requirements; planning, arranging, and meeting schedules; monitoring results;
- Providing historical reference by developing and utilizing filing and retrieval systems;
- Contributing to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed;
- Office housekeeping and general tasks to maintain a well presented office.
To be successful in this role you will possess the following skills and experience:
- At least 3 to 5 years of administration experience. Business qualifications would be highly regarded;
- Good communication skills including verbal presentations and report-writing;
- Strong Microsoft Office skills;
- Strong time management and project management skills;
- On-going management of supplier relationships;
- Consistent achievement of administrative initiatives (on-time, within scope, under budget) assigned to this role;
- Effective reinforcement of organisational culture;
- Effective support to the Operations and Finance Managers;
- Accurate and timely processing of accounts transactions.
Our company culture encourages people to own their role and develop innovative solutions giving you room to learn and grow. Our investment in finding the right people and offering them opportunity, training and responsibility has created a vibrant, energetic and loyal team of which you could become an integral part.
To apply, submit your curriculum vitae and a covering letter using the form provided below.