Network Design Engineer (Perth)
Investment by Veris in innovation has piloted the creation of Aqura Technologies. With a wealth of experience and continuing expansion of our solutions capability, Aqura Technologies is evolving into new markets, including industrial technology and the provision of communications services.
Aqura Technologies complements the accomplished existing spatial solution capabilities of Veris with highly specialised ICT and communications services, offering industry-leading technology solutions delivered in a flexible client-centric approach.
Aqura is looking for a Network Design Engineer to join our Network Design and Engineering (NDE) team in the design and integration of Aqura solutions on customer networks. You will be encouraged to take on increasing responsibilities and to continuously challenge yourself. The role will expose you to a wide variety of communications technologies
Working within the NDE team you will be responsible for design, integration, commissioning and support of multi-vendor solutions for IP/MPLS networks and differing Network Technologies (Video, LTE, GPON, WLAN, IPSEC, MSE, MBH, IOT).
Other responsibilities include:
- Working with customers, architects, vendors and multiple internal business units to develop solutions, perform detailed design and integration of all parts of the solution.
- Applying standard design, development and testing processes in customer environment perform on site pre-acceptance and acceptance testing of the delivered product or solution.
- Designing & integrating innovative Operational Technology solutions (blueprint or customer specific) into the network.
- Providing technical input to project planning and implementation phases including development of scoping documentation.
- Building working relationships with team members to facilitate a culture of shared knowledge and common processes.
To be successful in this role you will demonstrate the following skills and experience:
- Degree qualifications in engineering, IT, computer science or similar discipline preferred.
- Experience in the design and deployment of large scale Enterprise and or Telco IP networks.
- IP/MPLS architecture and design
- Good Knowledge of IP Protocols (OSPF/IS-IS, BGP, MPLS, MCAST, QoS).
- Network services including DHCP, NTP, DNS, TFTP, SYSLOG, RADIUS etc.
- Service assurance techniques in WAN/LAN environments
- Quality of service techniques
- Demonstrate knowledge of MPLS-VPN,MP-BGP and MPLS-TE technologies, practical experience desirable.
- Metro Ethernet design
- Multi-protocol Label Switching label distribution protocols such as LDP and RSVP
- MPLS VPNs including Virtual Private LAN Service, IP-VPNs, Virtual Private Wire Service, Virtual Leased Lines
- Traffic engineering techniques using RSVP-TE
- GPON technologies
- Wireless LAN technologies and architectures
- OSS applications for service assurance, fulfilment, configuration management and performance management
- Comprehensive experience with network capacity optimisation including routing optimisation, routing convergence, traffic planning, and network redundancy
- Understanding of telecommunications networks and assets:
- Passionate about telecommunications, networking and innovation:
- Advanced organisational, analytical, and problem solving skills
- Self-starter with good leadership skills, team-oriented:
- Able to work effectively under pressure to meet critical deadlines:
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy:
- Demonstrated ability to learn quickly and to work in a fast paced, innovative environment:
- Capacity for strategic and creative thinking and
- Strong interpersonal and communication (both written and verbal ) skills are required
To apply for this position, please submit your CV, a covering letter and any supporting material using the form provided below.