Scan to BIM Services
With the use of 3D laser scanning, our national Scan to BIM team can capture the interior and exterior of your existing structure in a 3D format and create a precise 3D model directly from the captured scan data.
Benefits of Scan to BIM
- Individuals can work from the same database while simultaneously maintaining work place safety since objects don’t have to be “touched” in order to be scanned.
- Our 3D laser scanners collect millions of points to produce a very dense and accurate collection of individual point cloud measurements.
- 2D or 3D CAD models can be produced to test and verify design concepts and account for existing conditions.
- Provides more accuracy than traditional measured surveys.
- Models include all current building elements such as beams, columns, ceilings, internal walls, external landscape and fittings.
- A 3D BIM model has intelligence embedded within it, providing information, such as construction materials and conditions.
- Customised deliverables provide you with a foundation for the further development of your renovation, retrofit or restoration project.
Scan to BIM is the fastest, most accurate method for delivering as-built models -there is no comparison on the level and accuracy of data gathered during 3D laser scanning which makes it ideally suited for Building Information Modelling.
This is a Turn Key Service: Onsite Lasers scanning + 3D BIM Modelling. To contact Veris, find your nearest office.
Regional Manager QLD/NT
Shane is a Consulting Surveyor by profession and with 35 years of experience has acquired an in-depth knowledge of surveying, tenure, administrative and associated statutoryrequirements.
His experience managing complex projects for widely varying industries including land, building, environmental and infrastructure have given him a comprehensive knowledge bank to draw from he makes the pieces of the puzzle fit by bringing together knowledge in Surveying, Town Planning and Urban Design.