Subsurface Survey Utility Location & Mapping - Managers & Technicians
Sydney Based Roles
- Multiple opportunities at management, surveyor and technician levels
- Deliver innovative subsurface utility solutions that maximize client value
- Join our client focussed team and help shape the future of our expansion into the Subsurface utility engineering sectors
Veris is an ASX listed company and market leader in planning, design, survey and spatial solutions, renowned for generating client value through innovation and excellence from our exceptional people.
With offices across Australia and a proven track record of projects in both the private and public sectors, our team delivers capability and expertise across all industries in both regional and metropolitan locations around Australia.
Veris is expanding its subsurface utility and mapping capabilities nationally to our existing offices in Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane, Hobart and Canberra. In particular we seek to appoint the Sydney based roles of:
- Operations Lead / Business Development Manager;
- Subsurface Utility Location Technicians and
- Subsurface Utility Location Assistants.
The roles will be responsible for delivering best practice underground utility and asset location services utilising the full range of Geophysical detection techniques including GPR, GPS, EM-location equipment and Total Stations.
To be successful in the role of Operations Lead you will demonstrate the following skills, attributes and experience:
- The ability to forge productive relationships with existing and new clients, in order to create opportunities that match the business strategy
- Proven experience in Australian Standard AS 5488-2013 Classification of Subsurface Utility Information (SUI)
- Excellence in communication and client relationship management
- Ability to think strategically and with innovation to build the service within your region
- Ability to work cohesively with all service sectors of the Veris business
To be successful in the role of Subsurface Utility Location Technician you will demonstrate the following skills, attributes and experience:
- Proven skills and experience with subsurface utility detection, location and verification utilising a broad range of best practice industry technologies such as Ground Penetrating Radar, SONDE, Wands etc.
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively with Veris team locators and surveyors
- Strong understanding of Australian Standard AS 5488-2013 Classification of Subsurface Utility Information (SUI)
- Accreditations such as NULCA, Telstra, General Construction and Industry certifications, RISI
- Academic qualifications in Geophysics or surveying
- Proven skills in interpreting geophysical data
- The ability to understand and interpret a broad range of utility asset owner plans and diagrams
To be successful in the role of Subsurface Utility Location Assistant you will demonstrate the following skills, attributes and experience:
- Willingness to learn, take pride in your work and live the values in which we believe
- Ability to work cohesively as part of a multidisciplined team
- An appreciation and understanding of Subsurface location technologies
- Accreditations such as NULCA, Telstra, General Construction and Industry certifications, RISI preferred, however these qualifications will be undertaken with Veris
Our company culture encourages people to own their role and develop innovative solutions giving you room to learn and grow. Our investment in finding the right people and offering them opportunity, training and responsibility has created a vibrant, energetic and loyal team of which you could become an integral part.
To apply for any of the available roles, submit your curriculum vitae and a covering letter using the application form below.