Unlocking Development Potential in Cairns with Veris
The proposed Cairns Local Government Infrastructure Plan (LGIP) has modelled an additional 21,144 dwellings and 1 million square metres of commercial floor space developing over the next 18 years, to 2036.
Even when created using the best available data, growth models and predictions are often exceeded faster than expected, particularly in recent history. Given this understanding, it’s fair to predict that the Cairns LGIP modelling covers only the base minimum growth Cairns can expect over the coming decades – particularly given increasing flight capacity to Cairns, the expected extension of the National Highway and proposed works to modernise Cairns Port. Increases in dwelling numbers and commercial developments in the coming years will likely exceed expectations.
Given the constraints on town expansion and recent large-scale tourist development in prime locations, the area can expect to see increasing demand for high quality medium-high density residential and mixed use developments.
Coupled with strong job growth, low rental vacancies and increasing tourism numbers, all signs point to increasing land values and returns on such investments in the Cairns region.
This potential is supported by the Cairns Plan, which includes designated major centres and principal centers, with extensive opportunities for medium density infill development identified.
Greenfield development will occur in priority infrastructure areas such as the Mount Peter structure plan area, after master planning has been undertaken. However, development can occur outside these areas if Council can be shown the development will be adequately serviced. These residential areas will be supported by the recently announced State Development Area of Cairns South, which will diversify the local economy through high end industrial and commercial uses.
Looking to develop in Cairns? Veris can assist.
Veris can identify appropriate development sites for infill and Greenfield development. We can:
- Assist with site identification, feasibility analysis and due diligence;
- Understand and interpret State and Local Government plans, policies, planning schemes and infrastructure requirements;
- Provide Urban Design expertise, Plan & Development Application preparation, lodgement and monitoring of the application process;
- Obtain subdivision or material change of use approval;
- Resolve tenure issues, providing problem solving and innovation in titling: and
- Survey all forms of property and construction surveying with latest technology and capabilities
To learn more contact Scott Sibly at Veris Cairns
Phone (07) 4051-6722 or email email@example.com