Epping Chatswood Rail Link - Sydney
Thiess and Hochtief delivered the project as a joint venture which included the design and construction of a driven railway and four fully mined stations. The line consists of two tunnels – one for each track. The tunnels were constructed using two tunnel boring machines, with a section underneath the Lane Cove River being constructed by the cut and cover method (next to where Delhi Road crosses the River). The line is fully bi-directional, with three crossovers to allow trains to switch tracks in the event of a disruption.
The 13 km line is completely underground and includes three new intermediate stations: North Ryde (known as Delhi Road during much of the planning process), Macquarie Park and Macquarie University. The junction stations at Epping and Chatswood both underwent major redevelopments to incorporate the new link.
- Our team was responsible for the following on this project:
- Surface and Sub-Surface monitoring of Lane Cove coffer dam
- All construction works Lane Cove coffer dam and Lady Game Drive service facility
- Surface works Chatswood cut and cover tunnel
- Measurements of initial ground water levels and settlement effects on structures and flora caused by lowering the water level
- Track Trolley (in house solution) for rail adjustment and alignment
- TBM track adjustment
- Quality Assurance works including as-constructed surveys
To find out how Veris can assist your next project, visit our Contact Us page.