Veris Women in Engineering Scholarship UNSW
Veris is pleased to announce the creation of the Veris Women In Engineering Scholarship with the Faculty of Engineering at the University of New South Wales (UNSW).
The purpose of the scholarship is to encourage a female high school leaver to undertake a degree in Surveying and/or Geospatial Engineering by offering assistance of $10,000 p.a. for 4 years. The scholarship commences on January 1, 2018 and concludes 31 December 2021.
To be eligible, applicants to the scholarship must be female, have completed a NSW HSC (or interstate equivalent) or IB the year prior to UNSW study (or in the previous two years if no tertiary study was undertaken during that period) and also be commencing one of the following eligible UNSW degree programs:
- Bachelor of Engineering (Surveying) (Honours) offered by UNSW School of Civil and Environmental Engineering
- Bachelor of Engineering (Geospatial) (Honours) offered by the UNSW School of Civil and Environmental Engineering
A panel comprised of the Manager of UNSW Scholarships, the Dean of the Faculty of Engineering and a member of the Veris NSW team, will interview a short-listed group of applicants and select the recipient on selection criteria including:
- Personal qualities. For example involvement and achievement in school and community activities, hobbies, strong leadership and communication skills;
- Academic merit (estimated ATAR of 91);
- Aptitude and commitment to a career in engineering;
- Good academic ability in mathematics, English and science; and
- A commitment to undertaking work experience with Veris
The scholarship recipient may be invited by Veris to undertake 10 to 12 weeks of industrial training over the summer academic holiday periods at the end of Years 1, 2 and 3.
Terms and conditions apply to the continuation of the scholarship for the recipient. You can read more details about the scholarship as well as apply by visiting the Veris Women In Engineering Scholarship page at UNSW online.