Veris helped Tassal accelerate the next stage of its development at Proserpine as part of its prawn growth strategy.
Tassal is Australia’s largest vertically integrated Salmon grower and Salmon and Seafood processor. Tassal have expanded their operations to include black tiger prawn production, with their largest prawn farm being located at Proserpine.
Veris provided town planning services to support the significant expansion of the Proserpine Farm.
Veris were responsible for the following service delivery:
- Undertake detailed review of Local and State Government constraints and other matters of interest
- Coordinate and facilitate meetings with various Local and State Government departments
- Arrange and review various sub-consultant reports
- Preparation, lodgement and management of all necessary planning applications for the Stage 4 expansion, on site quarry, feed shed, hatchery and domestication precinct and other associated farm infrastructure
- Obtain all necessary development permits to allow for the commencement of construction.
Working closely with the client, Veris was able to advise on a number of complex planning considerations whilst ensuring Tassal could meet significant milestones and timelines attached to the approvals process and the delivery of their corporate strategy.