Main Roads Western Australia is the transport agency responsible for the state’s road network. The Pilbara region in North West Western Australia contains an expansive road network, with many challenges associated with its size, remoteness and climatic extremes.
Veris was engaged by Main Roads Western Australia to perform mobile laser scanning (MLS) of over 500 km of the road network to support ongoing asset management, and the design of planned upgrades including road widening.
Veris were responsible for the following service delivery:
- MLS for 500 km of road network.
- Validation Survey for control.
- Delivery of coloured point cloud.
- Project of significant scale with over 40 billion data points captured over 500 km.
- Use MLS provided significant safety benefits and extremely fast data capture.
- Works performed using the state-of-art Leica Pegasus: Two Ultimate Mobile Sensor Platform technology, to deliver a high quality coloured point cloud with high resolution 360-degree imagery for unrivalled feature identification.